Commercial moving is always a bit more challenging than a standard residential move. It can feel like moving a family of 200! Moving your office at one point or another is inevitable, especially as you grow. Here are some tips for moving your San Antonio corporate office so the process is as seamless and pain-free as possible.
1. Search Leases Six Months Ahead of Time
Offices aren’t like apartments. They require a lot of prep work, maintenance and installation work well beforehand in order to ensure it’s a good fit for your company. Jobs like installation of phone lines and Internet, and setting up furniture and cubicles, all take a significant amount of time. That’s why you should start searching leases six months ahead of time.
2. Determine What You’ll Keep
Think of moving as an ideal opportunity for a fresh start. You’ll need new supplies, office furniture and more. If you can buy it new once you move in, do so. Remember, the less stuff you have to move, the cheaper, easier and faster the move will be. Take the time now to determine whether or not your old office furniture is still a good fit for the new digs.
3. Get Estimates Two Months Out
Get estimates from at least three licensed moving companies with experience in commercial moves specifically. Corporate relocations naturally involve a lot of additional logistics, with office moves taking a lot more scheduling to move into rather than a one-bedroom apartment.
Meet with any prospective movers to learn what to expect, how long it will take and how much it will cost.
Commercial movers are well-equipped to facilitate a successful moving day, from reserving freight elevators to acquiring certificates of insurance.
4. Create an Office Move Checklist
A checklist will help you keep track of all the tasks that need to be tackled before the big day. You should:
- Check availabilities for utility companies, moving companies, vendors and any service providers who will be involved in the transition.
- Arrange for service transitions with all utility companies.
- Create a timeline for renovation work to take place in the new space.
- Plan the dates and times of the move, reserving elevators and other access permissions with the property manager.
- Compare the old space to the new space when it comes to square footage to learn of any space constraints or other challenges beforehand.
Contact Texas Best Movers
Here at Texas Best Movers, we believe in creating as little disruption as possible before, during and after your move. We know you need to minimize disruption in order to maximize productivity and profitability. Get a free quote when you contact us today about your upcoming commercial move in San Antonio.